- 2020-present - Research software engineer at KNAW Humanities Cluster
- 2012-present - Research software engineer at the Centre of Language and Speech Technology, Radboud University, Nijmegen
- 2011-2016 - PhD Candidate at Radboud University Nijmegen
- 2009-2011 - Research software engineer at Tilburg University
- 2020 - PhD in Natural Language Processing - Radboud University, Nijmegen
- 2009 - MA in Human Aspects of Information Technology - Tilburg University
- 2008 - BSc in Cognitive Artificial Intelligence - Utrecht University
- CLARIAH (2016-present) -- A Dutch project that aims to build a common research infrastructure for researchers in the Humanities.. Successor of CLARIN-NL.
- Colibri (2011-2020) -- Context as Linguistic Bridges, is my PhD project, it investigates the role of source-language context information in machine translation.
- Nederlab (2018-2019) -- Nederlab provides access to a great number of digitised historical texts.
- Spreek2Schrijf (2018) -- This was a feasibility study for the Dutch parliament to explore whether spoken language in the plenary meetings could be automatically converted to more formal written proceedings.
- CLARIN-NL (2011-2015) -- The CLARIN-NL project is a large national project in the Netherlands (2009-2015) which aims to build a research infrastructure intended for humanities researchers that work with language data and tools. The researcher will be able to find data and tools relevant for his/her research via the CLARIN infrastructure and get access to them.
- Oersetter (2012) -- A Dutch-Frisian Machine translation project in collaboration with the Fryske Akademy
- DutchSemCor (2009-2011) -- The goal of DutchSemCor was to deliver a one-million word Dutch corpus that is fully sense-tagged with senses and domain tags.
Talks & Demos
- Poster: How High can Frog Leap? (2019-01), by Iris Hendrickx, Ko van der Sloot, Maarten van Gompel, and Antal van den Bosch, CLIN29, Groningen
- Poster: LaMachine (2018-10), with Iris Hendrickx, CLARIN Conference, Pisa, Italy
- Presentation slides: Software Provenance and its implementation in LaMachine (2018-09), CLARIAH Provenance Workshop, DANS, The Hague
- Screencast video: NLP Technology Demonstration (2018-03)
- Poster: FLAT: FoLiA Linguistic Annotation Tool (2018-01), CLIN28, Nijmegen
- Poster: FoLiA: Format for Linguistic Annotation (2018-01), CLIN28, Nijmegen
- Screencast video: FLAT: FoLiA Linguistic Annotation Tool (2016-10), ATILA 2016, Nijmegen
- Screencast video: CLAM Tutorial (2015-09)
- Presentation slides: Translation Assistance: Translation T1 Fragments in an L2 Context (2014-06), with Antal van den Bosch, ACL, Baltimore, USA
- Presentation slides: Classifier-based modelling of source-side context in Machine Translation (2014-09), LST Research Meeting, Nijmegen
- Course: Python Course for the Humanities (2013-04), with Folgert Karsdorp, Nijmegen Spring School
- Presentation slides: DutchSemCor - Corpora and the FoLiA format (2012-10), DutchSemCor Workshop, VU Amsterdam
- Presentation slides: FoLiA: Current state of affairs (2012), ATILA 2012, Nijmegen
- Presentation Slides: Fries in data-gestuurde automatische vertaling (2012-06), 19e Fryske Filologekongres, Leeuwarden
- Presentation slides: COLIBRI: Constructions as Linguistic Bridges (2012-03), FLARN, Tilburg
- Presentation slides: FoLiA: Format for Linguistic Annotation (2012-01), CLIN22, Tilburg
- Presentation slides: PyNLPl: Python Natural Language Processing Library (2011-12), ATILA, Antwerp, Belgium
- Presentation slides: FoLiA: Format for Linguistic Annotation (2011-03), CLARIN-NL TTNWW Workshop, Tilburg
- Poster: FoLiA: Format for Linguistic Annotation (2011-02), CLIN21, Gent, Belgium
- Poster: CLAM: Computational Linguistics Application Mediator (2011-02), CLIN21, Gent, Belgium
- Presentation slides: Extending Memory-Based Machine Translation to Phrases (2010-02), CLIN20, Utrecht
See the publications section for an extensive overview of all my scientific publications.